Redmine Widget for Zendesk
Zendesk and Redmine are becoming two vital systems for us, and with the new version of Zendesk API available, I've updated the integration app.
- Allows ticket creation then linking to a pre-defined Redmine project
- Allows subject, description, tracker and priority to be customised before submission
- The support ticket description is used as issue body
- Redmine issue status and basic info is displayed
- Redmine issue can be linked/unlinked with the support ticket
- Back-link: you can see which Zendesk ticket(s) a Redmine issue is linked with
Old Zendesk: http://www.pastie.org/3236649 (Excuse the bloat)
New Zendesk: see attached ZIP
- Title: self-explanatory
- redmine_url: without the trailing slash
- apiKey: the Redmine user account API key Zendesk will act with
- zendeskPrefix: if you'd like to prefix the Zendesk ID in Redmine's back-link field
- redmineIdFieldId: a custom ticket field needs to be created in Zendesk to hold the Redmine ID
- redmine_zdfieldid: a custom issue field needs to be created in Redmine to hold Zendesk IDs
- Redmine API requires a PUT to update issues. So this means the back-link feature doesn't work when linking a ticket to an existing Redmine issue. PUT method isn't supported by Zendesk's proxy (nor its CORS implementation), see: https://support.zendesk.com/entries/22014007-proxied-ajax-requests-violates-http-end-to-end-principle .
- Can't seem to make it load the Redmine data on ticket open without clicking refresh - I'd be glad if someone can fix it.
- We're only on Redmine 2.1, no support for Priorities in the API (available in 2.2, current stable is 2.3) so priorities are hard-coded.