We teamed up with the Zendesk Sales Team to create a multi-instance Salesforce integration recipe for a leading SaaS payroll company, and now we'd like to share it with you! You can use this same solution and apply it to your use case.
The Problem: Integrating multiple Salesforce instances within a single integration flow is a notoriously difficult challenge. Zendesk users who want their information from Zendesk synced with two or more Salesforce instances have trouble doing so, which leaves their workflow automation incomplete.
The Solution: The integration platform Workato enables you to integrate multiple instances using Primary and Secondary Salesforce instances that can be accessed from a single recipe. A recipe is what we call our integrations - a set of tasks that gets work done across your apps. The following recipes sync Zendesk with two Salesforce instances, one that is used for direct sales and the other for channel sales.
Set Up Your Own Multi-Instance Salesforce Integration:
- Sign up for a free Workato account here.
- Browse hundreds of recipes and choose one that does what you’re looking for (or use the examples below).
- Click the ‘Install’ Button to Copy the recipe to your profile.
- Customize the recipe with your custom objects and use case by filling in the fields.
- Or you can create your own multi-instance recipe from scratch using simple Excel logic by clicking ‘+ Create recipe’ on the right of the search bar.
For more help on creating/customizing a recipe visit our help center for a quick video demonstration.
See it in Action:
Here are two recipes our customers are using to integrate multiple Salesforce instances:
1. This first recipe syncs Salesforce account information across the two instances into Zendesk.
The recipe logic pictured above.
2. The second recipe looks up objects in the two Salesforce instances based on new tickets in Zendesk.
If you want to use these recipes as is, click Install on the recipe page and follow the instructions in, "Set Up Your Own Multi-Instance Salesforce Integration," above.
More Complex Multi-Instance Scenarios
If your use case demands a higher level of complexity, here is an example of a more challenging multi-instance Salesforce integration with an organization that has 50 sub-organizations, each with their own instance bi-directionally integrating with a master Salesforce instance. This recipe syncs new objects as well as updates existing ones. The changes (and creates) can be triggered from either side and the integration deals with a large number of custom objects. This recipe can be modified by clicking Install and inserting your own custom objects in the fields.
Zendesk users are making great recipes everyday - check out these resources for more information or individual help:
- Zendesk integrations eBook with pointers to popular Zendesk recipes that you can use as-is or adapt to your needs.
- Browse Zendesk recipes
- Contact Workato at ZendeskIntegrations@Workato.com.
Please sign in to leave a comment.