Hi, I want to create Service Desk Categories (2 or 3 layers).
This is usually an out of the box feature for service desk tools, I searched community posts, etc. played around with Ticket Fields, but can't seem to get what we need in Zendesk Support.
- Layer 1: SoftwareXYZ > Layer 2: Exporting
- Layer 1: SoftwareXYZ > Layer 2: Analytics
- Layer 1: SoftwareABC > Layer 2: Analytics
- Layer 1: SoftwareABC > Layer 2: Chat/Messaging
- Layer 1: SoftwareABC > Layer 2: Sharing Proposals
- Layer 1: Hardware > Layer 2: Config
- Layer 1: Hardware > Layer 2: Memory
I tried this option of configuring a drop-down field:
...however, when selecting the cascading list, I ran into these issues:
- it doesn't allow only selecting Layer 1
(there are reasons why we would only select Layer 1 for certain "incident/service request types")
- when you select the final Layer, it doesn't show the preceding layers
(makes it cumbersome for Support Officers to identify what layer tree they've selected)
I need to be able to also run reports, create views, etc to identify layer groups for trend analysis, tracking/redirecting certain ticket categories, etc. So the layered category option is very important.
The Views configuration only allows selection of the entire Layer e.g. SoftwareXYZ::Analytics, so unable to just report on SoftwareXYZ.
I also looked at creating separate drop-down fields per category, but this becomes a little messy in the ticket forms and I don't know how to link these fields. We want to also make the category a mandatory field, but then this poses an issue as sometimes we won't need to select other layered categories.
I hope the above makes sense. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. :)
Oh and I tried to look at Marketplace to see if there are apps I can link to Zendesk support but nah :(
We are on the "team" subscription plan as we are a very small company.
Please sign in to leave a comment.