If you are using Zendesk Support Enterprise and have the Support Administrator role, you configure access to Explore by using custom roles, accessed from the Support console. Custom roles let you control access to various Zendesk products to multiple users simultaneously. If you apply any of the default custom roles to any of your users, they will be automatically granted the following Explore role:
|Support Enterprise custom role||Explore role|
|New custom role||Viewer|
For more help with custom roles, see Creating custom roles and assigning agents.
Additionally, you can configure access to Explore in your own custom roles.
To configure Explore settings in a custom role
- In Zendesk Support, click the Admin icon in the sidebar, then select Manage > People.
- Click Roles.
- From the list of roles, choose the role you want to configure permissions for and click edit. For details about how to create a new role, see Creating custom roles and assigning agents
- On the role setting page, configure the Explore > What can this agent do in Explore? setting. Choose from the following settings:
Role Permissions Create reports and manage permissions
Includes all editor permissions plus the following:
- Update editor permissions for custom datasets (see Setting editor and admin permissions).
- Change default colors for charts and color-encoded metrics.
- Edit Excel settings when exporting dashboards. This includes column and tab separators, decimal precision, decimal separator, and thousands separator.
- Manage dashboard delivery schedules for all Explore users.
- Create and customize new dashboards, queries, and datasets.
- Edit created and shared dashboards, queries, and datasets.
- Share dashboards with Support agents or Support groups.
- Set dashboard email delivery schedules (see Sharing dashboards through email) .
View reports (Support Enterprise)
- View dashboards shared with them.
- Cannot create queries or dashboards
No access Agents with no access cannot view or access Explore.
- When you are finished, click Update role.
Now, whenever the custom role is assigned to one or more users, that user will be granted the Explore access level you configured.
Please sign in to leave a comment.