Hi Zendesk product team and community!
I'd like to discuss an issue we encountered with our use case.
We use Zendesk Support both for external customer support and for internal customer support (IT requests for example).
* The problem: agents/light-agents can't use the Guide's UI to submit requests. They get redirected to the regular 'agent' view and have to create tickets there.
(When an agent browse to https://support.forter.com/hc/en-us/requests/new? they get redirected to the agent screen instead of seeing the 'submit request' form that end-users receive).
* Why is that a problem? the Guide product has a great feature called 'deflect tickets', that forces users to be exposed for a few Guide articles before they can open a ticket. The fact that light-agents/agents get redirected to the agent view, completely skips this great flow, rendering it useless for internal support.
* How do you solve the problem today? we don't. This causes tickets that could've been deflected to KB articles to get creates anyway.
* How would you ideally solve the problem? I would stop redirecting agents/light agents to the `/agent` UI if they visited the help-center (by browsing `/hc/en-us/`). Any agent that wish to get to the agents view can just browse to `/agent` or switch the product from the app selection menu.
* How big is the problem (business impact, frequency of impact, who is impacted) - this is very important for us. We only use Guide for internal customers (external customers have a custom Portal with FAQ and articles, not powered by Zendesk). The fact that agents have to open tickets from the agents view renders the 'deflect tickets' capability useless for us, hence reducing the effectiveness of our internal support flows.
Please sign in to leave a comment.