Custom Metric Issues: Solved, cycle, and percent within due date

7 Comments

  • Graeme Carmichael
    Comment actions Permalink

    Alex

    Try this:

    1. Change your date from Ticket Solved Date to Update - Date

    2. I would look at the the Zendesk provided Full resolution time (days) metric in the Support Tickets dataset.

     

     

     

     

    Ensure you use D_COUNT as your metric aggregate.

     

     

     

    0
  • Graeme Carmichael
    Comment actions Permalink

    For your due dates, you have to think a little different in Explore than in Insights.

    Filter

    • Ticket type> Task
    • Ticket due date> Exclude NULL

     

    Metrics

    • D_COUNT (Tickets)

    For your custom metric to count tickets solved before the due date, create a standard calculated metric

     

    Add this to your report with a D_COUNT aggregate

    To compute a percentage,  go to result manipulation, Result Metric Calculation and create a metric:

     

    Then Chart Configuration, Display Format, and select a % format for this calculated metric.

     

    1
  • Alex Aguilar
    Comment actions Permalink

    Hey Graeme,

     

    1. I did as suggested and the results are the same. Some tickets are still not counting for some reason. Attached reference from the ticket highlighted at the bottom.

    D_Count

    For Reference

    Created:

    Solved:

     

    2. I'll use this metric instead. 

    3. & 4. Thanks, the distinct count made a difference. 

     

    One thing I didnt quite make clear was that I was trying to have these all appear in one table to export as a csv file. Being in multiple data sets would lead me to a dashboard where I'd have to have a couple reports located. Would there be a way to have them all on one table?

    0
  • Graeme Carmichael
    Comment actions Permalink

    Alex

    I believe that you cannot combine different datasets into one table, so the dashboard route is the best option.

    For the ticket not appearing as solved, that does look odd. The metric that counts solved tickets is defined as:

    So, to establish what is not picking up, clone your report then:

    1. Filter for just one ticket that is causing the problem, eg ID 12096755
    2. Add rows onto your report for all the items used in above definition
    • Changes Field Name
    • Changes Previous Value
    • Changes New Value
    • Ticket Status Unsorted
    • Update Timestamp
    • Ticket Solved Timestamp
    • Update ID

    From that we should be able to see which condition is failing and causing the count not to register.

     

    0
  • Alex Aguilar
    Comment actions Permalink

    Graeme,

     

    Ok, I'ii use the dashboard for those then.

     

    As far as the missing solved tickets, I added in those fields. Below is the image of the export. The Solved timestamp correctly shows the date it was solved, but the solved ticket metric is showing 0 (highlighted cells under the columns D_COUNT(Tickets Solved) and COUNT(Tickets Solved).

     

    0
  • Graeme Carmichael
    Comment actions Permalink

    Alex

    So it looks like the Ticket Solved and Ticket Updated timestamps do not match. They are out by a second. So that explains why the metric does not count the ticket correctly.

    Zendesk would have to confirm it that is just one of these things we have to tolerate. The alternative is to create a new metric with a little wiggle room in the timestamps.

     

    1
  • Alex Aguilar
    Comment actions Permalink

    Thanks Graeme. I created a support ticket to confirm the issue. They agreed with you and their solution was to also just build a new metric and remove the timestamp requirement. This solutions works for me, but I feel that this is something important that affects all users and should be addressed as such, but from the sounds of it, theyre not interested in doing so.

    Thanks again for your help!

    0

Please sign in to leave a comment.

Powered by Zendesk