The conference calling feature in Voice enables you to include additional participants to a call, for example, to help answer a question or resolve an issue. You can then leave the call if required. The call continues and the entire conversation is recorded. The feature also provides options for managing participants on the call, for example, putting a caller on hold.
Setting up a conference call
To host a conference call
- Start a new call or answer an inbound call in Sell Voice.
- From the in-call toolbar, click Add to call. A window appears with a search box and list of predefined numbers.
- As the host, you have a number of options to add another participant to the call:
Note: You can add only one additional user to a call.
- Click the number of the predefined user or group, for example, Support.
- Start typing the name.
You'll see matches for the text anywhere that it appears in a lead or contact record. For example, if you type "Mar", you might see the users "Margaret", "Mark", and "Simon Martin", or the company "Marcom", or the address "Martin Road". A user might have more than one entry, for example, if they have a mobile number and a home number. Click the number you want to add to the call.
- Sell attempts to connect the call. The in-call toolbar shows what state the call is in (ringing, connected, or disconnected).
Note: The called-in user can't transfer the incoming call to another user.
- As the host, you have a number of options during the call:
- Hold: Click the hold icon () next to a caller's name to put any call participant on hold. For example, you might want to put the customer on hold while you are waiting for the call to connect, or to discuss the case with the called-in user before including the customer in the conversation. Click the hold button again to allow the caller to rejoin the call.
- Disconnect: Click the disconnect icon () next to a caller's name to disconnect a participant from the call. For example, you might want to disconnect the called-in user and continue talking to the customer after the called-in user has finished providing support.
- Leave call: Click Leave call to hang up. Any party can leave the call at any time, without ending the whole conversation. If the host leaves the call, the called-in person becomes the host, but the entire recording is saved in the host's records against that customer contact.
- End for all: Click End for all to stop the call completely. Use this option with caution as it ends the call for all participants.
This image shows the options that a host has available during the call:
These are the options available in Sell to the other call participants:
For information about the standard call options, see Using calls and texts in Sell Voice.
- When the call is complete, a call summary screen is displayed to both Sell users involved in the call. Both users can select a call outcome and add notes about the call. If the contact you're calling is associated with a deal, you can also choose a call topic. When you’ve logged the outcome and added notes, click Save to attach the call to the lead, contact, or deal.
- You can view the details of the call on the Lead, Contact or Deal card, along with a recording (if you have call recording enabled), and the specified call outcome.
- In the Communication Center, go to the Calls tab to see details of the call.
- Click the Settings icon (), then select Tools > Voice and Text, and click the Logs and Billing tab. The details of the call are in the call log page.
- In Upgrade > Billing, you can see the call as two parts.
- In Reports > Calls, you can see information about the call in the call log, duration, and call outcome reports. You'll see a call recorded for each Sell user that participated in the call, and each Sell user gets credit for the call.
Please sign in to leave a comment.