We are excited to announce the Early Access Program for the new Focus Mode for live channels!
What is the Focus Mode EAP?
This Early Access Program introduces Focus Mode for live channels.
When enabled, Focus Mode allows agents to be online on both Talk and Chat but will only serve the agent one channel at a time. In other words, if an agent is on a call, they will not be offered chats until the call (and wrap-up) has ended, or, if an agent is responding to a chat or multiple chats (up to max chat limit), then no calls will be offered to that agent until all their chats have ended.
This will increase the efficiency for the agents serving multiple live channels at the same time by allowing them to focus on a single channel at once.
Without focus mode (current state):
- Agents that are serving multiple live channels at the same time keep getting incoming requests from both channels even when they are busy with a call or chats.
After focus mode is enabled:
- Agents receive incoming requests from only one live channel at a time. This allows them to focus on a single channel at once without interruptions.
Focus Mode changes the way agents handle their work and increases efficiency for the agents serving multiple live channels at the same time.
Am I eligible for the EAP?
This Early Access Program is available to Zendesk customers that;
- have active subscription to both Zendesk Talk and Chat (Phase 3 or Phase 4)
- utilise both live channels (Talk and Chat) at the same time
- enabled the new Zendesk Agent Workspace
Note: To ensure your Zendesk Chat account version please review here.
This is a relatively early release of this functionality, and as such, we'll be looking forward to your feedback and bug reports. Currently there following limitations are in place:
- Limited with Zendesk live channels (Talk & Chat) with Agent Workspace Enabled.
- Limited with customers using chat assigned mode routing only.
- While heavily tested so far there may still be a minor risk of a channel being under served due to edge case conditions. We will continuously monitor our EAP customers.
When does the EAP start?
The Early Access Program for Focus Mode launched by the 30th September 2020.
How do I get started with the EAP?
First, sign up using the link below! :-) Once you get confirmation that you've been enrolled in the EAP, the account-level feature setting that will be visible under Support > Settings > Agents needs to be enabled to start experiencing the Focus Mode feature and its benefits.
How do I sign up?
All you have to do is fill in some information and you're ready to go! We’ll review all responses and then select eligible partners for the first phase of this EAP.
We would love your feedback!
We’d love to work closely with EAP customers to gather feedback. If you participate in the EAP, you should expect someone from the team to reach out. This feature has been long in the making and we’re excited to have reached our first major milestone and look forward to working with you!
Please sign in to leave a comment.