I need to allow all my Salesforce users to create Zendesk Tickets for a Salesforce Contact (and Account if possible).
We are setting up Zendesk for the first time and have run into a challenge that surprises me.
I am using the Zendesk custom object in Salesforce and the only way to activate the "New Ticket" button on the Visualforce Page (Zendesk_Ticket_View_Account) is to "Link Zendesk Agent" for every Salesforce user. This requires us to provide a username and password for one of our Zendesk agents to every employee and instruct them how to do this. Even then, I'm not so sure this would be a "best practice" or function properly.
I feel like I'm missing something.
Is my only option to integrate Zendesk with the existing Salesforce Case system? Would that work? I really want to leave the Salesforce Case system behind as our "legacy support ticket" archive. I've looked all over this Community and there seems to be a jumble of articles for the "Legacy Zendesk/Salesforce integration" and the new integration.
- Zendesk Support Suite - 3 Users
- Salesforce Enterprise Classic - 13 Users (3 Support Agents, 6 Misc Ticket Creators, 4 non-Ticket Creators) (we are not using Lightning)
- Zendesk/Salesforce integration 2.0 (not the Legacy version)
- Zendesk custom object in Salesforce (Visionforce Page element on Salesforce Account/Contact/Opportunity)
- Before Zendesk, Support Tickets were handled in Salesforce Cases.
- Approximately 9 employees (3 are Support Agents) currently create Salesforce Cases for customers. (Sales Reps, Account Managers, Accounting)
Please sign in to leave a comment.