Zendesk query - draft messages
One of our clients has asked whether it’s possible to save messages in Zendesk before they’re sent, and return to them at a later time (so effectively a draft option)
It would be great if this functionality could be introduced
Really like what @... has put together for Draft responses - kudos to you, Jimmy!
That said, I think there are two big things that would significantly boost the value of NATIVE Zendesk response drafts:
Confidence that your draft is saved - what I like about Jimmy's solution is that you have tactile buttons to make sure you save the draft. Time spent drafting up a response is valuable and most often cannot be left to chance. A simple "Draft Saved" and/or icon indicating a draft has been saved. I'm always prompted with this whenever I go to close a draft:
I know from experience that my changes won't actually be lost, but this box tells me otherwise. I see changes as anything I've drafted in the post.
- Collaboration - A real-time way for agents to compose responses together would be super helpful - perhaps natively or through a platform like Google Docs. There are times when a response needs as many as 3 team members to chime in and provide feedback and craft different parts of the message. We take this into Google Docs today, but it looses it's connection to the ticket unless someone remembers to paste in a link to the Google Doc as an Internal Note on the ticket.
- Confidence that your draft is saved - what I like about Jimmy's solution is that you have tactile buttons to make sure you save the draft. Time spent drafting up a response is valuable and most often cannot be left to chance. A simple "Draft Saved" and/or icon indicating a draft has been saved. I'm always prompted with this whenever I go to close a draft:
This topic has been circulating for 6 years and not a single improvement was made?
The current Drafts functionality is sub-optimal and the UX is confusing at best.
1. While the text entered in the composer is saved when exiting a ticket, users receive a notification that changes will not be saved:
If text is present in the composer, a notification should be shown to state a draft will be saved.
2. Drafts should be visible to all agents; e.g. if Agent A creates a draft and saves it, Agent B should be able to see that draft
3. Draft should have a default view available
These three additions would greatly enhance agent collaboration; as well as managerial oversight of less senior agent that may want a review / feedback or input prior to sending.
Helpscout does a great job of managing drafts functionality; and I'm surprised Zendesk does have a better treatment in place for this functionality.
@... - have you seen the Save as Drafts integration for Zendesk here? It may meet your needs. Please note that I am the developer, so I can answer any questions you may have. https://www.zendesk.com/apps/support/save-as-draft/
Thank you all so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us in regards to drafting messages before notifying the user. Our team would like to investigate this feature request in the future and find the best way to implement this sort of functionality. Currently, we are focusing on composer stability so we won't be able to prioritize this to our roadmap for at least the next 6 months.
In the meantime, please keep sharing your use cases with us as this will help us to prioritize this functionality in our future roadmap planning. Also, please let us know if you would be open for us to reach out to you directly and dive deeper into your use cases over a Zoom call.
We would love to see this, it would help us during onboarding and in cases where folks are leveling up their knowledge (but need to communicate with other folks before sending out). We can use internal comments, but it seems inefficient.
+1 to this. We use this type of feature all the time in the email software we are switching to Zendesk from. Sharing a draft is used for agent to agent collaboration, when training, and when management review or edits are needed before sending a sensitive ticket.
Drafting as an internal note as an alternative is very clunky
Sorry but I cannot believe it that after 6 years this is still under discussion and not yet natively implemented.
You have to think that the people who have expressed something here, are just a small percentage of the people who could actually use this function on a daily basis ;).
There is this external plu-in created for Zendesk: https://www.zendesk.com/apps/support/save-as-draft/ so that means that 90% of the work is done. You would just need to work on it a little bit and VOILA!
I hope you will consider implementing this function as SOON as possible :).
Have a nice day!
Ok, ZenDesk scope team. It' been eight years since this request was made and over a year since last response from a member of yours. Time to work on adding a draft Public Reply/Internal Note feature. When you do create this feature, make sure you provide a way to delete a draft if we deem it necessary.
Please sign in to leave a comment.