JIRA Label automatically populatedAnswered
The label "jira_escalated" is automatically populated when a JIRA ticket is created from Zendesk. It would be nice to remove this. All the research I've done has shown this is hardcoded?
You're correct and this is hardcoded, however, you should be able to create a trigger that removes this tag. Here's a screenshot of what this trigger can look like:
Let me know if this isn't what you're looking for.
Sorry I should have been a little clearer. The label "jira_escalated" is created in JIRA when I create a JIRA ticket from Zendesk. I don't want to automatically add that label when a JIRA ticket is created from Zendesk.
Ahhh I see what you mean Chad. Unfortunately, I don't believe there's a way to alter this functionality unless you were to create your own Jira integration using the API.
I'll leave this post open in case other users have found an alternative solution they can provide.
Are there plans to remove this in the future?
This isn't currently planned but I've noted your feedback for this feature. I'll let this group know when we plan to build this.
+1 on this request. It emails everyone working on or watching the Jira ticket every time a ticket is linked or created in Zendesk, which is less than ideal from a notification standpoint.
+1 as well for the same reason Ray describes.
Any progress on this? The label of 'jira_escalated' on the JIRA side is causing confusion for our engineering team, however we would want to keep this label on the Zendesk side. It would be helpful if this label reflected in JIRA as 'zendesk_escalated' instead of 'jira_escalated'.
Unfortunately there's no update on changing the labels. I've added your feedback to the feature request and will update when we've developed & released this update.
I have been able to find a workaround for this by :
- Adding a Trigger to replace jira_escalated by "tag_of_your_choice" (if you want it to be reflected on JIRA you will need to name it jira_xxxx
- Modifying the trigger named : (JIRA App) Sync with JIRA on ticket update (do not change) , in order to trigger only when the ticket contain the "tag_of_your_choice"
- If you are creating JIRA directly from Zendesk, you might want to create a Trigger in JIRA to remove "jira_escalated"
In order to do some clean up you can :
- Massively update zendesk or Create an automation to replace all "jira_escalated" by "tag_of_your_choice"
- Massively update Jira or Create an automation to remove or replace "jira_escalated"
If Zendesk is aware of any side impact that could happen doing this, please let us know,
We tried the workaround above, and unfortunately didn't work for us.
Is there any way we can remove this at all? This is unnecessary and not an ideal notification for our teams. Thank you!
could we at least have the option to rename it? meaning when Jira is created from ZD, the label could be called ZD_created or anything else?
+1 to this request. Having to remove the tag from Zendesk and the label from Jira is a workaround that would be nice to not have to do
Please sign in to leave a comment.