Our teams are trying to implement content blocks into our KB articles, but we are running into issues. These are some suggestions we have for improvements to make CB's more useable:
- Content blocks must be enabled on each and every article. It would be nice to have a global setting to enable or disable overall. Then, we can disable on individual articles if needed.
- If an agent tries to modify a content block created by an admin, there is nothing to stop that. We would like to see an auto notification be sent to the admin who created the content block in the first place and possibly a notification sent to the author of the article whose content block is being modified.
- When you place your cursor inside an article to insert a content block and then insert the block, the UI scrolls to the top of the article. It would be nice to keep the UI in the position of the cursor so we can see the block was inserted properly.
- In Guide admin there is no way to search for all articles containing a particular content block. We have to go to the Content Blocks filter so see the list of blocks. Then, when you click one it shows a list on the right of all articles containing the block. Problem is: If we have 7,000 articles that use the same block, we have to scroll thru them. Would like a paginated list of results.
- If we want to do a bulk change (eg: remove a content block from a series of articles), we have to do the removal one at a time. That's a huge time committment to do the removal. Add a bulk action to do this.
- We would like the ability to not only have an admin manage the content blocks, but also allow for our KCS coaches to manage them. At this time, only admins can see the content blocks in Guide Admin.
- Add a way to restrict editing of a content block to not only admins but others: eg: kcs coaches, or KCS III agents. Content blocks at this time can be edited by any agent causing content block management issues.
- Allow for Internal vs external content blocks - we may have internal comments we want to share on public articles. Right now all content blocks are public and visibility is restricted by who has access to the articles. We have a need to publish public articles but add internal comments to these articles.
- We added content blocks (ariticle feedback link) to our article templates that appear in Knowledge Capture and Agent Workspace --> Knowledge. However, when a new article is created the article feedback link appears but it is NOT in a content block. That defeats the purpose of a content block!
I hope Zendesk will make some or all of these changes to make content blocks more manageable and useable.
Please sign in to leave a comment.