Feature request summary
When a sandbox is created, it captures the production environment as it is at the moment of sandbox creation. If changes are made in production, the changes do not reflect on the sandbox. In order for the sandbox to reflect production, the sandbox will need to be deleted and re-created.
- A sandbox is made
- A custom workflow is developed on the sandbox before pushing to production
- During the custom build, it is discovered that a change in production must be made to accommodate the custom workflow
- The change is made in production, but does not show in the sandbox
- The sandbox must be re-created in order to test the workflow again, even for a small configuration change
- We must start from square one on the sandbox account
Impact of limitation or missing feature
We have several teams working on custom workflows and configuration on a sandbox account at once, and we need to make tweaks to the configuration in order to accommodate custom workflows or changes in our needs. Because the sandbox does not update with production, we have to delete and re-create the sandbox every time, which means every developer or engineer working in sandbox must re-create everything they have already done. Because of this, we do not have a true, stable staging environment which severely impacts our ability to build and maintain our Zendesk instance.
Please sign in to leave a comment.