Time filter only returning updates made for tickets created date not update timestampAnswered
I feel like this is straightforward but I'm having trouble with the time filter data set. I'm looking to see how many updates were made on a specific date or time span regardless of ticket created date. But instead I'm only receiving a count of updates for tickets that were created on my selected date(s).
Date selected is 1/4/23.
I should have a total of 7 updates made that day but instead I only get 6 because the missing ticket on this count had an update that was made on a ticket that was created on 1/3/23 even though the update was made on 1/4/23. I still want to see all 7 regardless of the ticket being created on 1/3/23.
If my post doesn't help, could you post a picture of the filters and dataset this report is on?
The reason I ask is because on the Tickets default dataset, the metric "Ticket Updated' refers to the date of the last time the ticket was updated, even if it was by the system to set the ticket from solved to closed. This has confused folks and more than one report has been built that does wacky things as a result, for example, we definitely don't want to try to report on FRT sliced by "Tickets updated" last week, as it's going to include tickets where the first reply could have been two months ago, but the ticket was updated in some other way last week, so its' counted for the report.
On the Updates dataset, there's both that same Ticket Updated metric, and a different metric, Update - Date. Update - Date lets you filter for updates made specifically on that day/range, and you can even include a filter for Update Role to see when agents specifically updated a ticket, rather than customers as well.
It also sounds like maybe this is happening on Dashboard -- if that's the case, it may be the time filter you are setting at the top of the Dashboard, is actually a bunch of time filters, and you'll need to exclude the irrelevant ones, like Ticket Created - Date, from being applied to this specific report. When you edit a Dashboard, you can select to edit the time filters, and should be able see if multiple boxes are checked. In this image you can see my time filter is showing at least 2 different time filters in use - Ticket Created, and Ticket Updated.
That means if I don't want a report to be filtered by *all* of those time filters when the time range is set, I need to explicitly exclude the time filters I don't want. When a report has filter exclusions, it gets a little funnel in the edit mode:
Clicking on the arrow drop-down will allow you to select "exclude filters". From there, you can tell it what's not allowed to be applied. For example, I have a report on this Dashboard tab that I only want the Update - Date time filtering to apply to, so my exclusions look like this:
This means that *only* the Update time filter (Update - Date, Update - Week of Year, Update - Year, get referred to as Update in this filter panel, confusingly), will actually apply to this report when the Dashboard is loaded and a time range is set on that top Time filter (well, the custom fields left unchecked could apply in theory too, but I happen to know none of those custom fields are time/date based and leaving them unchecked has 0 effect for my Dashboards).
Hi CJ Johnson!
I should've mentioned that this is on a dashboard. When I use the Update - Date filter on the report, I receive the values I should expect, but once I add the report to the dashboard the numbers either get wonky OR I don't get any data which is obviously incorrect.
My Time filter had the following options selected:
- Support: Tickets [default] -Ticket created
- Support: Tickets [default] -Ticket solved
I even tried to apply just Support: Tickets [default] -Ticket updated and the below:
- Support: Updates History [default] -Ticket created
- Support: Updates History [default] -Ticket solved
- Support: Updates History [default] -Ticket updated
On the report, I excluded the filters you had selected and only left Updates and still the data didn't change. :(
Ah! Okay, that sounds like you're almost there! You'll need to add the time filter for "Update" to your top most time filter set - right now you've only got Ticket Created and Solved, and since both of those are excluded, nothing will happen on your report. If you click on the time filter, you should be able to see the Updates history dataset metrics now as well, and can add Updates to the list of things this time filter applies:
Once that's added, this report should start updating when the range is change, and reflect only updates for that time period on it.
Great! This looks like it worked! I'm going to do some more testing to make sure it's reflecting accurately.
Please sign in to leave a comment.