Zendesk Explore features a prebuilt dashboard to help you monitor your agents’ states and activities. This dashboard gives supervisors the information they need to understand how their agents are spending their time and how much work each agent is handling.
Tip: On Professional plans and above, you can clone this dashboard and customize it to meet more specific scenarios. If you need something more complex, you can create your own reports using metrics and attributes for agent status and activities.
This article contains the following topics:
- Opening the Omnichannel: Agent state and activity dashboard
- Understanding the reports
Opening the Omnichannel: Agent state and activity dashboard
The Omnichannel: Agent state and activity dashboard is available in the Dashboards library in Explore.
To open the Omnichannel: Agent state and activity dashboard
- In Explore, click the Dashboard icon in the left sidebar.
- From the list of dashboards, select the Omnichannel: Agent state and activity dashboard.
Understanding the reports
The dashboard contains the following tabs:
- Summary tab
- Details tab
Note: When filtering either of the tabs in this dashboard, make sure to filter by both group and agent. If you filter only by agent, data is duplicated if the selected agent is in multiple groups.
The Summary tab contains reports that give you an overall look at what state groups or agents were in over a specified period of time, along with the average of the maximum number of work items assigned to each agent. You can filter the reports on the dashboard by Date, Channel, Group, Agent name, and Agent state.
Summary tab headline metrics
This tab displays the following headline metrics (KPIs):
- Online time: The total amount of time that the filtered groups or agents were in the Online state.
- Offline time: The total amount of time that the filtered groups or agents were in the Offline state.
- Away time: The total amount of time that the filtered groups or agents were in the Away state.
- Transfers only time: The total amount of time that the filtered groups or agents were in the Transfers only state.
- Invisible time: The total amount of time that the filtered groups or agents were in the Invisible state.
Summary tab reports
This tab displays the following reports:
Time in state by day (online and offline): The total number of hours spent in the Offline and Online states by the selected groups or agents.
Average hourly max used capacity: The average number of the maximum work items that groups or agents had assigned to them each hour. By default, this report shows only work items in the Support channel, but you can use the filters at the top of the dashboard to report on other channels instead.
The Details tab contains a single report that lets you dig further into how agents spent their time. You can filter the reports on the dashboard by Date, Channel, Group, Agent name, and Agent state.
Note: By default, the report is filtered to include only the Online, Away, Transfer only, Invisible, and Offline states. If you see gaps in your agents’ state information, you can update the filter to include the Disconnected and Unknown states too. The Disconnected value means that the agent’s connection to the system was interrupted, which can happen when the agent’s computer is disconnected from the internet, the internet browser puts the agent’s tab to sleep, or other circumstances. The Unknown value means that Explore was unable to return a value for the agent’s state.
Details tab report
This tab displays the following report:
Total time in state: A table that shows, for each agent and each day, how long the agent spent in each state (including start time, end time, and duration) for each channel.
Please sign in to leave a comment.