The Advanced Encryption EAP encrypts the following user fields for a Zendesk Support-only experience in a Sandbox environment:
The Support-only experience includes the following areas of Zendesk:
- End user management
- Team member management
- User data in the context of a ticket (Requester, CC, Followers, Assignee)
- Group and organization memberships
- User placeholder resolution in ticket comments and emails
- User creation via single sign-on, web widget, and email
- Ticket views
- Support search
- Triggers and automations (business rules)
- In the first EAP release, only newly created user records will be encrypted, limited to the fields specified in the EAP scope. Data prior to enabling Advanced Encryption will not be encrypted in this release. Backfill encryption of data will be supported in a future release.
- Key rotation and revocation are not supported in this EAP release. These features will be launched in the production release. Please note that if you rotate or revoke the keys in this release, you might lose your encrypted data in the sandbox forever.
Please sign in to leave a comment.