I saw lately a couple of posts here that people are looking for a auto-reply function for the connected Facebook pages.
I've set this up for our account last month and will share it with you ... and yes, i am also interested in the Zendesk Swag offered in the january e-mail 😎
I will try to explain as simple as possible, if you need it more detailed please comment. But enough talked, let's start :)
Why I've implemented it?
We have around 3k tickets per month in our company, approx. 10% of them are via Facebook Messenger Channel. At a certain point this were simply too much tickets each month, which have not the same customer service experience as over the E-Mail or Help-Center channel, where we've set up dozens of automated service e-mails.
I think especially for Facebook messages, this missing feature is very critical for Zendesk, since customers expect an answer within minutes not hours.
In fact it just consists of 2 parts:
- Trigger for determining when it should be sent
- Extension for posting a public reply
Integration Account: Choose your Facebook page (watch out if you are using global pages, they have all the same name!)
Ticket Is: of course only created when we are dealing with an auto-response
Tags: just in case i am adding a tag to prevent multiple auto-replies, since I remember a service outage where Facebook messages got fetched dozens of times.
- Requester Tractive: This is a user flag I've added to all the "Users" of our Facebook pages (Every Facebook page has a user in Zendesk, which is used when you write a customer first, or somebody is replying via business manager), so that a message created from ort marketing team e.g. reply to a post with a PM does also not get an auto-reply.
- Before sending the message, I am checking if the tag is not set already, to prevent duplicate messages as written before
- I am using my Extension to update the ticket with a public reply.
This extension will update the ticket itself via an API call. I know this is not the proper way according to Zendesk documentation, however i saw plenty of forum posts which are using this for example to write internal notes from triggers.
Username: e-mail address + "/token"
Password: create an API token in your settings
Voila, after you made this everything should work. 👍
I hope i could help you a little bit, in case there is something not understandable or missing please let me know 😃
PS: In addition to the nice auto replies you have, the facebook page you manage will also get the very responsive badge quickly :)
Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.