If I change my timezone in my Support profile, for instance, to help troubleshoot what numbers a coworker in another country is seeing in Explore, the time that I receive explore emails changes. This is extremely unwanted. For example: I typically am in UTC +0 on my profile. I set up an email to arrive at 15:00, so that I get a scheduled dash at 8AM PST. It worked great, until I happened to switch my timezone to PST to troubleshoot something in that timezone, and suddenly I got my scheduled email at 15:00 PST.
This gets worse and messier when I tell you the reason I scheduled the 8AM email, is to be able to copy the contents out to a spreadsheet daily, to be emailed to a bunch of people, so that the timezone on the report we all look at is static, because Explore won't let you send a scheduled dashboard in a specific timezone, and we need everyone to look at the same numbers. It's extremely difficult to coordinate this already, the time an email sends should not shift depending on the Support profile time of the receiver. By the same token, if I am traveling, I definitely do not want to have to use my "regular" timezone or risk all my reporting sending at the wrong time and causing a huge headache of mismatched numbers when I go to update things. Given that there's no where in the excel reports (the only ones I use) that shows the timezone it's using, either, makes this especially dangerous/prone to tripping up a human.
Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.