Apps are a great way to boost efficiency for your agents and admins. Zendesk provides a wide range of apps in the Zendesk Apps Marketplace. With over 700+ options, here is a list of some of the common apps that we recommend customers to install in their accounts.
Benefits of apps include
- Provide agents a complete picture of the customer
- Reduce tool switching to help agents optimize workflows
- Provide admins tools to organize their teams and Zendesk account
Managing apps in Zendesk Support
To install an app in your Zendesk Support account
- Click on Admin (gear icon) in the left side task pane
- Under Apps click on Marketplace
- Search for the desired app and click on Install
To change settings for a pre-installed app
- Click on Admin (gear icon) in the left side task pane
- Under Apps click on Manage
- Hover over the desired app and click on gear icon
- Select Change settings
Commonly recommended apps
The Guide Knowledge Capture app leverages your team’s collective knowledge. It enables your agents to search and link articles into tickets, provide quick inline feedback on articles to aid in content improvements, and create new articles while answering tickets using a pre-defined template directly in the Zendesk Support agent interface.
- Search the Help Center without leaving the ticket
- Insert links to relevant Help Center articles in ticket comments
- Add inline feedback to existing articles that need updates
- Create new articles while answering tickets, using pre-defined templates
Knowledge capture would work great for your agents daily ticketing. As your agents are the front lines, they will now be able to help keep your content in the knowledge base up to date and relevant. Additionally your agents will be able to help add new content to help keep your knowledge base current and helpful for your customers
- Knowledge Capture App
- Working with the Knowledge Capture app
- How Zendesk uses the Knowledge Capture app
Slack simplifies communication and streamlines your workflows to keep your team coordinated and working faster. Together, the Slack for Zendesk Support app was designed to bring all of your customer support interactions into a single place and help make customer service a team sport.
- View ticket notifications in Slack channels
- Create new tickets in Zendesk from within Slack
- Comment on existing ticket from within Slack
A common workflow with this integration includes escalation management. By creating a channel for managers, you can very easily send updates to the managers channel on tickets that are escalated to your managers group in Zendesk. This allows you managers to quickly respond from within Slack to reach resolution.
Another common workflow includes posting to a slack channel anytime a VIP customer ticket comes into your queue so that someone on the team can start working on that ticket immediately.
- Slack app
- Understanding and installing the Slack for Zendesk Support integration
- Using the Slack for Zendesk integration
Deliver a holistic view of your customers for your Sales and Support teams with a dynamic two-way integration between Zendesk Support ticket data and Salesforce CRM customer data.
- Pull in any CRM data, including custom objects, so your Support team can see a full Salesforce customer profile next to a live ticket in Zendesk Support
The Salesforce app is great for providing your agents a quick summary of the user in Salesforce. The key benefit here is that the agent can access the Salesforce information right from within the ticket in the apps side bar. Please note that their are additional ways to integrate Salesforce and Zendesk, see additional resources below.
Provide your agents with a complete picture of the customer right from the ticket to provide the best and personalized support.
- View customers ticket history at a glance
- View tags at the user and organization level
- Edit notes and details for the users profile or organization
The User Data app can be utilized by agents in daily tickets to understand if the customer has any other open tickets or issues. Additionally agents can add quick notes so that they remember special handling for the customer. The app is meant to alleviate the need to switch to the user profile or organization tab so that the agent can stay on the ticket and focus on resolving the customers issue.
The app uses Zendesk’s Redaction API and provides a simple and usable interface for Zendesk Support agents and administrators to easily redact strings of text or attachments from a ticket. Now you can permanently redact sensitive data, such as ID numbers, credit cards, passwords, attachments, etc. from your tickets. Redaction events are noted in a ticket’s audit log so customers can be aware data has been deleted.
- Permanently redact personal information from tickets
- Bulk redaction and preview of ticket attachments
- Easy to use copy/paste interface redacting text
This simple to use app should have an internal workflow setup for the proper way to redact customer information. As a recommendation, the Ticket Redaction app should be only accessible to Admins/Managers on the account. Anytime any sensitive data needs to be redacted, the ticket number should be passed to the Admin/Manager. Avoid reassigning or commenting on the ticket as that will send an email notification with the customers sensitive information included.
The Tag Locker app allows admins to specify which apps an agent can apply to tickets. This helps agents stay focused on supporting the customer while being able to easily see available tags on tickets in a list.
- Restrict the tags that agents can apply to tickets
- Visual tag library for easy selection of tags
- Autocomplete search to add tags
- Hide the system tag field
The Tag Locker app makes it so that you can control the tags that your agents have access to. Additionally the app removes the possibility of agents entering incorrect or mistyped tags that could skew reporting. Your teams will be better aligned with their tag usage which will allow for easier reporting.
Another way to leverage the app is via its tag restriction. Your admins can setup a workflow where only managers have access to particular apps such as skip_satisfaction. This will make it so that only admins/managers have the ability for satisfaction surveys to be skipped on tickets.
The Time Tracking app makes managing your team’s performance and overall support operations easier. Easily identify which customers send in the most complicated tickets, or which issue types take the longest for your team to resolve. Dig down into an agent’s tickets to discover what’s taking up their time and which issues they’re experts on.
- Automatically track the time spend on each of your Zendesk Support tickets
- Customize the app to include exact functionality that your team needs
- Leverage Insights to create detailed reports with your Time Tracking data
The Time Tracking app is great for understanding your teams performance. Breaking down reports by amount spent for individual agents will help you scope out training and coaching opportunities.
Additionally you can leverage the Time Tracking data to understand what issues take up more time to resolve. This can help provide guidance in highlighting customer pain points so that your team can focus on eliminating them.
- Time Tracking app
- Setting up the Time Tracking app
- Using the Time Tracking app
- Time Tracking reporting recipes
Quickie is a handy top bar menu that gives you instant access to all views at all times from anywhere within Zendesk. It improves the efficiency of your agents when accessing views.
- Organize views in folder hierarchy
- Fast access to all views from anywhere within Zendesk
- Keyword search finds views quickly
- Option to mix personal views and shared views
The Quickie app is great for admins and agents to quickly pull up any view, regardless of where they are in the agent interface. By default we only allow 12 global and 8 personal views in the Views task pane. This app allows you to display and access additional views effortlessly.
Conditional Fields lets you hide and show fields in your tickets to give agents and end-users a better user experience.
- Setup ticket fields to appear based on the users selection
- Only show relevant ticket fields to customers based on their selections
The Conditional Fields app will allow you to keep your users focused on the important details. The experience will be available for your agents on a ticket and for end-users in the Help Center ticket form.
Show Related Tickets
Related Tickets app analyzes your ticket subject, searches against all other tickets, and returns any tickets with matching terms. The app enables your agents to quickly recognize and identify multiple incidents of the same issue.
- Show related tickets with similar subject lines
- Pick up on trends of tickets coming into your account
The Show Related Tickets app is great for your triage agents. This will allow them to quickly see different trends in tickets and quickly spin up a problem ticket to track the issues. The app will also help agents find problem tickets that may be already open and similar to the issue they are working on a ticket.
Bringing the conversation "Full Circle"
The apps above are a great way to start providing efficiencies in daily tasks for your agents and admins. Speeding up daily tasks for your team will allow you to increase productivity while also freeing up your team to focus on more important tasks.
Lastly, remember that you also have the ability to create custom apps. These can be a great way to integrate external tools and build custom workflow for your team. Check out Getting Started with Apps.
Have any other apps that your team uses? Tell us about them in the comments along with the workflow you use them in!
Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.