The Talk agent recording controls EAP helps you to remain legally compliant by preventing sensitive and personal end-user data from being stored in call recordings. This functionality gives more flexibility and control over how you manage privacy and data security in Talk by allowing agents to pause and resume the recording of an active call.
Additionally, this EAP includes the following enhancements to the Talk call bar in tickets and in the Talk console:
- The Talk call bar has been changed from a black background to a white background
- The button icons have been updated for improved accessibility and to match Zendesk standards
Important: These enhancements are visible as soon as you are added to the EAP regardless of whether you enable agent recording controls.
In the following topics, you'll learn how to configure and use the agent recording controls
Setting up agent recording controls
Use this procedure to get set up and running with agent recording controls. You need to configure these settings for each number that will need recording controls.
To set up agent recording controls
- In Zendesk Support, click the Admin icon in the sidebar, then click Channels > Talk.
- Click the Numbers tab.
- Click the phone number you want to configure.
- Configure the following two settings as required:
- Allow agents to control call recording: Activate this setting if you want to enable agents to pause and resume Talk call recordings.
- Stop call recording after external transfer: When call recording is enabled for a number, enable this setting if you want call recordings to stop when a call is transferred to an external number.
- When you are finished, click Save changes.
Using agent recording controls
After you have configured agent recording controls, you can pause and resume call recordings using the following procedure:
To pause or resume a call recording
- During a Talk call, click the pause button in the ticket call bar or the Talk console to pause call recording.
- To resume recording, click the pause button again.
The agent and the caller hear a beep to confirm that call recording has been paused or resumed.
Reporting for agent recording controls
During this EAP, we will be adding the ability to report on interactions with the recording controls for each call call using the Incremental Calls Export API including:
- Total count of how many times each agent interacts with the recording control button
- Total time each call was recorded
- Total time each call was not recorded
Limitations of this EAP
- When an agent enters a third party conference call, the pause and resume button is not currently displayed in the Talk console. However, it can still be accessed from the ticket call bar. This will be resolved in a future update.
- When you turn off the setting Allow agents to control call recording, this takes effect immediately and the pause and resume button is removed for all agents. If an agent is in a call where the recording has been paused then they will be unable to resume the recording. To prevent this occurring, ensure you only change this setting when no agents are in calls.
- If the setting Allow agents to control call recording is enabled but the caller has opted-out of recording using Talk call recording permissions, the pause and resume button is still displayed to the agent in the ticket call bar and Talk console. In this situation, the agent will still be able to resume or pause call recording. This will be resolved in a future update.
- Currently, agent recording controls are only available for Talk numbers. If you're using an external number, you can't configure or use recording controls.
Signing-up for the agent recording controls EAP
In December, we will begin onboarding users who meet the following criteria:
- Have an active Zendesk Talk Professional or Enterprise subscription
- Are willing to work with our team to provide feedback
Register your interest here.
Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.