The Shopify integration supports Shopify profiles and events being available in Sunshine for a single storefront. A profile contains the identity of a customer in a Shopify storefront. An event is a description of an activity that occurs in Shopify. Each event is associated with a profile.
Supported events for the Shopify integration include the creation or modification of customer accounts, and actions performed to an order and during checkout.
Events can be displayed in the customer context when viewing a Zendesk Support ticket. This provides a single view of information between Zendesk and Shopify. Customer context can be used, for example, to help you understand customer behavior, look at sales trends, and identify improvements to your business.
This feature is in early access and was part of the Shopify v3 integration EAP. To get started with the new integration and the Sunshine feature, complete the Shopify Events for Sunshine EAP form. Access will include a free trial of Sunshine.
To learn how to install and use the Shopify integration feature, watch the video Shopify Events for Sunshine demo.
This post includes the following sections:
- Enabling Shopify events in Sunshine
- Adding Shopify profiles and events to customer context in a ticket
- Viewing a Shopify profile and events in customer context
- Setting up the new Shopify integration
- Adding Sunshine user profiles and events to customer context in a ticket
- Viewing customer context in a ticket
Enabling Shopify events in Sunshine
The Shopify events feature is enabled in Admin Center by selecting events for the Shopify storefront and enabling Zendesk events for Sunshine.
Note: Only one storefront can enable Shopify events. Once enabled, you cannot switch events to another storefront.
To enable Shopify events
- In Admin Center, click the Integrations icon in the left sidebar.
- In Shopify integration, click View.
- Under Your Connections, select the storefront and click Configure.
- In the left sidebar, select Sunshine.
- Select the Enable Shopify events checkbox, then select the Shopify events to view in Sunshine.
- Click Save.
- Select the Sunshine icon in the left nav bar.
- Select Sunshine features, then select the Zendesk Events checkbox.
- Click Save.
Note: It may take up to 24 hours for the Shopify events to be available in Sunshine. Events are available from the time of activation, and not for retroactive events.
Adding Shopify profiles and events to customer context in a ticket
You can view Shopify profiles and events in the customer context interface to view Shopify events in a ticket. To set it up, you enable Sunshine profiles and events in Admin Center, then select the Shopify events and the shopify_eap profile . For more information, see Adding Sunshine user profiles and events to customer context in a ticket.
Viewing a Shopify profile and events in customer context
After enabling Shopify events in Admin Center, agents can see the history of Shopify events in the customer context interface. This occurs by matching the ticket requester’s email to the email in the Shopify profile. For more information about customer context, see Viewing customer context in a ticket.
When the shopify_eap profile is enabled in Admin Center, you can also view the customer’s Shopify profile details in a ticket.
To view a Shopify profile in a ticket
- In a ticket, click the customer context tab in the upper-left of the ticket properties panel.
- Click the Profiles menu icon and select Shopify EAP.
Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.