"Zendesk for Teams App" requires too many critical permissions
We are highly interested using your Zendesk for Teams App, especially because of the features that are planned for the future.
We were able to convince our IT administration that they met the required permissions for a temporary demo - however, we immediately received feedback that all of these permissions could not be granted permanently.
- Is there any documentation on which of the permissions are only intitially required for the initial setup and can be revoked afterwards.
- Are there plans for future versions to use fewer permissions?
- Does the app only work if all permissions are provided or can they be revoked individually and then a certain function is no longer available?
- If yes: Which features are not available when permission X is revoked from the app after installation?
Thanks for flagging and we appreciate the concerns.
These permissions are required for the core functionality of the app to work. Whilst we appreciate that there are a lot of permissions, the app has a lot of features and for the features to work they require access to specific data.
Please note that the integration doesn't store any customer or user personal information, any Teams message data or any Zendesk Ticket data. The requested data is used to process messages or streamline interactions.
See responses to your specific questions:
- There is no documentation for this. If permissions are revoked then features will stop functioning.
- There aren't plans for this at the moment, but we have captured your feedback on this.
- Certain features require specific permissions. We need to work with the developer (Softserve) to confirm the specific list, if they can be revoked individually and what the impacts would be.
- See comment above.
Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.