Feature Request: Comparing edited article with the previous version side by side
Today I need to open the previous version of an article that has been applied for review.
It would be great to have two artcles displayed side by side. The one that was applied for review and the current published one.
This would speed up the article approval flow
Hi Kalle Windefalk!
You should be able to see the proposed version and the current version of an article by looking at the revision history. This is outlined in Viewing article revisions and restoring a previous version. This feature will require Suite Growth plan or above.
In short, you'd want to do the following:
- Go to Guide -> Guide Admin -> Manage Articles
- Open the article that's awaiting review
- Near the top of the article, above the article title, select Revisions
- In Revisions, look on the right-hand side of the article for the list of revisions
- The top-listed revision should be "Submitted for review" with the one below it "Body updated"
- Click on the "Body updated" revision instead of the "Submitted for review" revision. Note: The "Submitted for review" revision will not show the original content, just the proposed article.
- The article should appear, with any new content or proposed edits being reflected in Green, and any deletions or changes to the original content appearing in Red.
While not a true side-by-side, this view does help show the proposed changes against the original content in a single view. In the meantime, I hope this can help!
In addition to what Sam wrote above, I can also add that in the future (probably in 2023) we'll be looking into adding collaboration features into the editor experience which will also include improvements to article revisions (e.g. suggesting and accepting edits, inline comments). It's too early to say if we'll have a side-by-side view, but I'll definitely take your feedback into consideration.
Katarzyna Karpinska do you have an update on what exactly the new editing features will be and when they will be released? We just upgraded to Enterprise and were hoping to have a feature similar to comments or suggested edits in Word/Google Docs, where a reviewer can comment on or suggest changes inline in the article and the creator and review and accept/reject the suggestions. The ability to have inline suggestions and comments is imperative for us.
Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.