Google Analytics: Universal Analytics will be going away 2023
To upgrade to GA 4 now and avoid issues, follow the steps in the Zendesk Article
Using Google Tag Manager with your help center
Google Analytics 4 is the next-generation measurement solution, and it's replacing Universal Analytics. On July 1, 2023, standard Universal Analytics properties will stop processing new hits. If you still rely on Universal Analytics, Google recommends that you prepare to use Google Analytics 4 going forward.
Understand what's going to happen
- Until July 1, 2023, you can continue to use and collect new data in your Universal Analytics properties.
- After July 1, 2023, you'll be able to access your previously processed data in your Universal Analytics property for at least six months. You are strongly encourage to export your historical reports during this time.
- In the coming months, google will provide a future date for when existing Universal Analytics properties will no longer be available. After this future date, you'll no longer be able to see your Universal Analytics reports in the Analytics interface or access your Universal Analytics data via the API.
Google Analytics 360 properties will receive a one-time processing extension ending on October 1, 2023.
Check if your Google Analytics property is impacted
- If you created your property before October 14, 2020, you're likely using a Universal Analytics property.
- If you created your property after October 14, 2020, you're likely using a Google Analytics 4 property already, and no action is required.
Still not sure? Confirm which type of property you're using
Complete your next steps
Google strongly encourage you to make the switch to Google Analytics 4 as soon as possible. Doing so will allow you to build the necessary historical data and usage in the new experience, preparing you for continuity once Universal Analytics is no longer available.
Thanks for writing this up, Dan! I've moved it over to our Tips from users - Zendesk Suite topic.
Iniciar sesión para dejar un comentario.