Add filters onto views that would allow for temporary removal of certain tickets from a predefined view.
For example. If I have a view configured like this:
- Ticket | Less than | Solved
- Group | Is | Group A
- Group | Is | Group B
- Group | Is | Group C
- Group | Is | (current user's groups)
It would be great to have a filter at the top of the view that allowed me to filter out Group B temporarily in the view to surface those ticket to the top. Alternatively, being able to filter out certain assignees, ticket types or other ticket fields would be useful. This would ideally filter out tickets from the already filtered tickets displayed in the view.
Jira has a good example of how this could look like in a basic implementation:
Zendesk Guide also has this in a way on the Requests Lists page by allowing the option to filter out tickets of a certain status.
Use Case #1: Managers that need to monitor multiple segments of tickets. Today we have to add them to multiple views segmented for each group for them to understand the state of various groups they support. If we group their groups into one view, larger groups quickly overtake smaller groups and hide issues in those areas during intraday operations. This would allow for less views for managers to manage and less complex workflows.
Use Case #2: Subject Matter Experts (SME) that need to balance tickets between their SME group and the general ticket group (they need to primarily work on tickets from their SME group, and work general tickets at a smaller scale. This makes it tougher to create minimal views for these teams to work from using
- There should be a permissions model here. Similar to visibility options there should be an option to enable filters to certain groups or subsets of users. This shouldn't be given to agents by default as there may be reasons to have an agent work on a view as designed
- I could make the case that these should be temporary - permanent changes should roll back to the main view configuration or into a new personal view. Though I could see these being saved personal filters like Insights reporting has.
- Common filters I would love to see in day to day usage would be related to group and assignee. Even just having these I think would be a huge win for the scenario where someone is in multiple groups and today would have to be under view fatigue to keep an eye on these sorts of breakouts.
Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.