Combining Subject Text and Comment Text trigger conditionsRépondu
I'm building a workflow requiring that the Subject Text contains a string of words, and also that the Comment Text contain a specific string of words. When testing the trigger using only the Subject text condition, it works fine, but once I added the condition that the Comment text must also contain a different string of text, the trigger will not fire.
To be clear, the Comment text string in the example above is not referencing Zendesk tags - the comment body of the tickets being received in our Zendesk via API contain a line of text that will look similar to that.
Is anyone aware of issues combining these two conditions when you need to Meet ALL of the following conditions? Perhaps the colon special character is causing an issue? Is it relevant that in the actual tickets the word "Tags" is in bold text?
Not sure if it's relevant, but the actions of the trigger are notifying two HTTP targets.
Thanks in advance for any insight!
This appears to be an issue with either the word Tags being in bold, or the fact that the colon follows the word Tags: because the following conditions work -
My guess is the bold formatting is throwing it off. This should be a simple enough fix on our end to remove the formatting, but out of curiosity, is there any way to have this condition read the string as is?
I just did some testing in my own account but I was not able to replicate this issue on my end. I used the same conditions that were referenced in your screenshot and has my trigger set up to just tag the ticket. Here are a couple of screenshots below:
I'm wondering if there was some additional spacing in the trigger or the comment text that could be preventing it from firing.
Let me know if you continue to experience issues.
Just in case it helps someone. I cannot recreate this. Even with the bold on Tags I can get the trigger to fire.
But I am just emailing the ticket to Support rather than using the API.
Thank you Brett and Graeme - it turns out that the ticket body comment text was being sent to Zendesk in markup. Luckily, the condition filter does read markup language, so I was able to fix this by adding ** around the bold text, as shown below.
That's good to know. Thanks for sharing Mark!
Cette publication n’accepte pas de commentaire.