Feature Request Summary:
Ability to have subcategories for additional organization capabilities when working with Trigger Categories
We have 1100+ triggers in our instance and we have noticed that reorganizing triggers within a category is not easy when there are still 400 triggers under a category. Having the ability to have subcategories under the main category would allow us to have additional sorting abilities. ie. Following Zendesk's recommendation, there are 3 categories "Set", "Assign", "Notify". Ideally, we would want to break up our triggers by Brand/Group/Team but still want to have the header "Set", "Assign", "Notify"
- Pencil Group (20 triggers)
- Eraser Group (20 triggers)
- Pencil Group (100 triggers)
- Eraser Group (1 triggers)
- Pencil Group (8 triggers)
- Eraser Group (8 triggers)
Business impact of limitation or missing feature:
Choice 1: If we go with limited categories (Set, Assign, Notify) then there are 400 triggers in each category.
- Issue: If you need to rearrange the triggers in a category, you are dragging and dropping those triggers to the specific spots. Especially when you clone triggers in the category, you need to drag and drop the location.
- Issue: Then there is also the loading issues as the categories do not feel like they were designed to have so many triggers under them.
Choice 2: If you were to break up the categories even more by Product then there are 3 categories for each Group/Brand/Team. In our instance, we have 100+ groups which results in 300+ categories where the categories would only have 10+ triggers in each.
ie. One category for each type of: Set-Pencils, Assign-Pencils, Notify-Pencils, Set-Erasers, Assign-Erasers, Notify-Erasers, etc)
- Issue: There are a max of 500 Categories as mentioned by Zendesk
- Issue: You now have many categories you are scrolling through to find the proper Category
- Positive: You are able to bulk move triggers between categories so the drag and drop is less within a Trigger Category as there are fewer triggers to sift through
In both cases, you are either messy within a category or you are messy with categories.
Thanks for sharing this feedback with us, Syd! If other users are interested in this or similar functionality, please up-vote Syd's request. If you have additional details to share about why this is needed, please share your thoughts in the comments below.
As a product designer I appreciate the feedback about what users are struggling with and what would make their job easier. That is an interesting idea about trigger sub categories. Unfortunately it is not on the current road map but I will take not and log it with our Admin experience improvements.
Totally agree on Sydney Neubauers use case.
A workaround we have implemented is that we have the categories by group but inside we work our triggers very specifically to get more granular. As you can imagine, that now makes our trigger names 20+ words
Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.