In response to strong customer feedback, we've launched the Organziation Merge Open Beta which allows admins to merge one organization into another.
All accounts have access to merge organizations without opting in, but not all functionality is available yet.
How merging organizations works
This post is only a summary, more information is detailed within our Merging organizations (beta) guide.
Admins can merge one organization into another. The organization being merged into another is referred to as the merging organization. The target of the merge is referred to as the receiving organization.
When organizations are merged, all users, open tickets, and domains are merged into one organization - the receiving organization. The merging organization is deleted after the merge completes. All changes related to an organization merge are recorded in the audit log. Additionally, tickets that are part of the merge show the change in their ticket events log.
Limitations in the Open Beta
Merging organizations is currently in an open beta and not all functionality is available yet. Consider the following before deciding to merge organizations during this beta;
- Only users, open tickets, and domains are merged into the receiving organisation. Tags, notes, details, and custom organization fields are not included in an organization merge.
- Closed and Archived tickets will not be updated. This capability will be added in a future release.
- The merging organization cannot exceed 10,000 users or 10,000 tickets. If an organization of this size is part of a merge, it should be set as the receiving organization.
- Business rules that check or set the organization value can break when you merge organizations. Review your triggers, automations, macros, views, and SLAs.
- Lookup relationship fields that point to organizations can also break when you merge organizations.
- There is no notification when the merge completes, so you may need to refer to the Audit Log for the organization deleted event to be sure the merge has finished.
For more information about organization merge, see Merge organizations (beta).
Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.