Note: This post describes how to work with the Slack for Zendesk Support Early Access Program release. For documentation about the general release, see Using the Zendesk Support integration.
Viewing ticket notifications in Slack
When Zendesk ticket notification is enabled for a Slack channel, the integration posts a message to that channel with some basic information about the configuration:
After that, tickets matching the channel configuration appear in the channel:
In this notification, you can:
- View the high-level ticket information, as configured in the integration. When the ticket is updated in Zendesk Support, another notification is sent to the channel with the new information.
- Click the subject line (in the example above, it’s App connectivity issues) to open the ticket in Zendesk Support.
Creating new Support tickets with the integration
During the integration EAP, you can create new Support tickets using a Slack slash command.
To create a new Support ticket via Slack
- In the relevant channel, enter /zendesk create_ticket.
Note: This command will only work in channels the Zendesk app is connected to.
- In the Create new ticket pop-up, enter a subject for the ticket, and description.
- Click Submit. A ticket is created in Zendesk Support, and a notification is sent to the channel where it was created.