Zendesk is releasing an integration with Discord! To request access, simply fill out this form: zendesk.com/discord. Once you fill out the form, you will receive an installation link via email. Please leave feedback in this community topic!
How Does The Integration Work?
This integration allows you to install a "Support Bot" into your Discord server that allows gamers to request help directly via any Discord channel in your server. This creates a ticket in Zendesk, so your agents can easily respond.
The integration is easy to install by your Discord server owner (link will be emailed to you once you fill out the EAP form). Once installed, gamers simply type "/support <message here>" into any channel of the Discord server to create a DM with your customer support agents. Agents reply in Zendesk, and the replies go directly to the gamer's Discord DM.
All tickets are tagged "created-from-discord", so building Views or Reporting around these tickets is easy.
Concerned about spam? We've included two features: rate limiting and roles-based permissions for ticket creation from Discord:
- Rate Limiting = the max number of tickets a given user can submit in a 24 hour period. The limit can be turned off, or changed to any number you choose.
- To set rate limit to 2 tickets per day per user: /set edit RateLimit 2
- To turn rate limit off: /set edit RateLimit off
- Roles based permissions = the ability to allow only certain roles, i.e. "Moderator", to create tickets. You must turn "on" role based permissions and then set which roles are whitelisted.
- To turn on for only the role of "moderator" (this is a role you create in your Discord server): /set edit SupportRoles on, /set edit SupportRolesList moderator
To see the status of these commands, a server admin/owner can type "/set" into any channel.