What is the Zendesk Community?
This forum is for Zendesk Admins, Agents, or people who are interested in learning more about Zendesk to ask and answer questions, share tips and best practices, and discuss uses of Zendesk products.
There are three primary things you can do in the Zendesk Community:
Ask a question - i.e. how to set something up, troubleshooting, etc.
Share a tip - have you figured out a great trigger setup or Guide theme customization? Write it up to share with other users!
- Provide product feedback - is there something you'd like to see in the product? Let our product teams know.
We have topics for each of these purposes broken down by product. If you want to ask a question related to Zendesk Chat, you would post in the Chat Q&A and Troubleshooting topic. If you have product feedback about Guide, you would post in the Guide product feedback topic and so on. For a full list of topics, go to the community home page and click on the "topics" tab.
In addition to creating posts of your own, you can participate in conversations and answer other users' questions in the comments section on each post. Even if another user has already answered, feel free to add your own idea or response.
Both posts and comments allow users to vote on them. You can up-vote another user's comment or post to indicate that you agree or like the post. The number of votes on a comment help other users identify the "best" or most helpful response in a long string of comments.
In the product feedback topics, users are encouraged to up-vote the original post on feedback suggestions they like or would also want to see developed. Our product teams look at the number of votes on a post to determine which ones are important to the greatest number of users. This helps them to prioritize requests for their roadmap.
What not to do in the community
- Make comments that don't add value or information, such s "+1" comments. That's what the voting buttons are for.
- Break the community guidelines. If you haven't read them yet, be sure you do before you post. Posts or comments that violate the guidelines may be removed without warning.
- It's covered within the guidelines, but don't be mean, disparaging, or otherwise unkind to Zendesk staff or other users. There are real people with real feelings on the other side of that screen. Besides, this is a professional community, and it's publicly searchable. Your boss could see what you post here just by Googling your name. So be nice.
- Also covered in the guidelines, but to be clear: don't promote your business or link to apps outside of the Zendesk marketplace. We'll remove your post if you do.
Here are some other helpful things to review: