I thought I'd ask this question here, to see if there is a way we could improve our process internally at my company.
When I refer to bug tickets, I refer to issues which occur in our software. Our usual process follows this.
- A customer emails our support help desk and reports a bug
- We have a look and confirm this is a bug
- We raise a ticket in our private GitHub repository
- The development team then will fix the issue
- We then go back to the customer once the issue has been fixed.
The issue we find is that when there is a backlog of bugs, we have a lot of unsolved tickets in Zendesk in a queue.
I'd like to know how others deal with the process, do you close your tickets once a bug is reported and then go back to the customer once the bug is resolved? Or do you keep the zendesk ticket open?