This article describes how to view customer context information in the agent workspace. For more information about the workspace refer to Using the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
This article contains the following topics:
About customer context
To provide better, faster, and more personalized responses to customers, you can view customer context in a ticket. Customer context includes:
- An essentials card with details about the ticket requester, including contact information, time zone, and language.
- An interaction history with a list of the last 10 tickets submitted by the requester (or other related events, including custom events). You can use this to better understand what the requester needed help with recently.
Viewing and editing customer context
In the agent workspace, you can toggle between the User (customer context) panel and the Apps panel in the ticket sidebar.
To view customer context
- In a ticket, click User in the upper-right corner of the ticket.
Customer context information appears in the ticket sidebar, including name, email address, location, and language.
For chat visitors who do not sign in, the email address appear as a placeholder (visitor ID @example.com) in the essentials card. In the Chat dashboard, this email address is blank.
- Click the notes icon () to add notes to the essentials card, or click the edit icon () to update the requester's profile.
When you add notes, the information becomes part of the requester's profile. They aren't just notes associated with the ticket.
- Hover over the title of any ticket in the interaction history to see a preview, or click the ticket title to open the ticket.
If the list of interactions is long (more than 10), you can click the View all link at the bottom of the interaction history to see a complete list of interactions. Archived tickets do not appear in the list.