This is related to this ticket: Using an existing Twilio number with ZenDesk Talk from two years ago.
Is there a way for us to:
- use Zendesk Talk for voice and manual text, and
- still have the ability to programmatically automate MMS/SMS using the same phone numbers?
The key need here is "using the same phone number" because:
- we want to eliminate the customer confusion of dealing with multiple different phone numbers
- we don't want to have to buy additional phone numbers for each brand and agent
I had some ideas for solutions but can't figure out if there are any present or upcoming capabilities along these lines:
- Is there a way for us to provide our Twilio API keys to power our Talk numbers?
- Is there a way for us to receive the Twilio API keys for whatever sub-account y'all create?
- Is there any API for initiating outbound or reading incoming SMS?
Open to any and all ideas. Thanks!