How often do you build a report to review your last week of data? Does your business run Sunday to Saturday or Monday to Sunday? Regardless of your work-week, Zendesk is setting up users for failure when using the Last-Week filter that is preset in Explore. This has been a known issue for years and appears to not be on the roadmap or mentioned in the feedback forums from what I can find. Allow me to explain the discrepancy when using "Last Week".
- Create query that splits your data by dates, such as Created Date.
- Add query to a dashboard and add a Time Filter
- Edit the Time Filter to "Show Selected Dates"
- Set the Time Filter to "Last Week"
- Filter will show selected date range based on a Sunday to Saturday schedule
- Queries will show data based on a Monday to Sunday schedule
- Filter displayed dates align with the dates being filtered
- Queries should not load data which exceeds the set timeframe (Example, filtering created tickets to Last Week (12/12 - 12/18) should not show tickets for 12/19 and hide tickets from 12/12.
- A workaround exists by simply NOT using the preset "Last Week" Filter
- If using "Last Week" filter, users must set filters to "Custom" to ensure proper dates are displayed in queries.
- I filed a ticket for this with Zendesk in February of 2021 which was closed without addressing the issue. A promise of communication around this issue was made but never fulfilled. The ticket for this has since been removed by Zendesk and no longer available for review, but was documented under #6364188.
- Below is the response from Zendesk Support on the matter:
"...all problems of this nature are set as High Priority, with a Major Business Impact. Explore is a newer product and it appears a fix like this needs to be done at a core level. Now that you are linked directly to the main problem, our developer team and engineers will be sending you updates directly with any and all progress and ultimate resolution."
Please fix the Last Week filter, this seems like an extremely basic part of the platform.