It would be fantastic to have a native desktop application (softphone) for Talk.
Please note that this does not necessitate a full Support desktop application as others have asked for (although, it would be nice)
Currently, in order to answer a call you have to navigate to the Zendesk Support tab in your web browser and click the answer button. This has several issues:
- If you are away from your desk you may hear the ringing but will be unable to answer a call until you run back. By then it may be too late.
- If the computer is acting slowly then loading the tab may take seconds too long, resulting in the call going unanswered.
- Without a softphone, you do not get ringing notifications through a connected headset unless the headset is always on.
- If your web browser crashes you also lose your call
An ideal softphone would have the following features, in my opinion:
- Dialpad for calling out, including dial by name
- Incoming call notification with contact name if available
- Hold and transfer
- Set availability and transfer to cell phone option
- (optional) Area for taking private notes
- (optional) Submit Ticket As and other basic ticket functions
This doesn't have to be difficult. It could even be as easy as a simple Electron app taking advantage of the Plantronics API (I say Plantronics because not only are they the most widely used but... also the one I have :>) Heck, you could even just implement that into the web app and call it a bandaid.
Finally, having a desktop softphone would allow you to compete more directly with companies like Dialpad and Aircall, both of which have native desktop softphones. More functionality for us, more competitive space for you. Sounds like a win-win.
Por favor, entrar para comentar.