Zendesk talk lacks the capability for custom attributes to be applied after a Requester has made an IVR route selection.
Without the capability to apply custom attributes to inbound calls/tickets, based on Requester IVR route selection, best practices cannot be followed for common use-cases.
Example use-case (eCommerce / Retail)
The below use-case is one that usually identifies as an Urgent Priority request, as not executing this in the shortest time possible, will generally result in the eComm/Retail business having to ship a single order, twice. While this can be executed by the creation of additional groups, it is not ideal. In most cases, this is the exact same group of agents as the lesser-priority requests, such as "Where is my order?".
In short, the Group should be something like "Orders & Shipping Requests" with a custom attribute identifying which subtype/category the ticket is about, allowing logical conditions to execute.
Example - IVR Main Menu:
PRESS #1: "If you have questions about an existing order, please press 1"
Example - IVR Orders Menu (subroute #1)
PRESS #1: "If you need to make a change to your order, please press 1"
PRESS #2: "If you have questions about the location of your order, please press 2"
Expected (from example) - Press #1 (change order)
These calls/tickets require an urgent response, with the highest expediency in order to avoid potentially losing money on fulfilling the order (if they have to ship twice, due to the first order being shipped before the change was made).
- Apply tag / dropdown selection
- Assign SLA policy
- Assign priority
- Assign Group
Current (from example)
Groups must be created, as they are currently the only support method to route inbound Calls/Tickets, assign SLA policies, set priority, select from multiple business schedules, trigger external alerts via webhook (extremely urgent, like medical), etc.
Highest functional impacts (without applying duct tape)
- SLA Policies / Prioritization
- Business Schedules
- Brands (rerouting from one brand, to a related brand, if desired, without needing the agent to select a separate brand upon answering the call).
The capability to select custom attributes, placed at the time of the Requester's IVR route selection, allowing for the following workflow optimizations and/or benefits to be implemented/configured:
- Conditional routing / (sub)categorization that doesn't require the unnecessary creation of additional groups
- Reduce the overall time-impact of requests made via TALK/phone channel
- Reduce time/cost impacts
- Enhance the Customer experience (prioritization)
- Make it easier on agents (less manual work -- can focus on supporting the customer)
- Development time
- Potential bugs
- API update will be required
- Creation of new instructional knowledge content
- Happier Zendesk Customers
- Happier Customers of Zendesk Customers
Thank you for your review and consideration!
Por favor, entrar para comentar.