Zendesk Search Results Changed TodayRespondida
Prior to today a search like the following in the Zendesk advanced search box would return all users with the custom_field populated in their user profile. Starting today this returns 0 results.
if you change it to include additional characters I do get results:
type:user cust_field_name:abc* will return results that * did not.
in addition the single wildcard dows still work on a non-custom user field:
type:user phone:* does return results as phone is standard field and not custom.
We are seeing this in multiple domains. We have used this search inside Zendesk and via API for at least 3 years. Is there a change to how the wildcard is handled in searches custom user fields?
We check search api documentation and there is no change listed as to handling of wildcard character.
I am pretty sure this feature was removed, there was a search outage the same day your search stopped working. I found a workaround, but I'll warn you, it isn't pretty. For me, the field I needed to wildcard search for "any value in this field" was a numeric only field, so this worked :query': '"search term" custom_field_22200685:1* custom_field_22200685:2* custom_field_22200685:3* custom_field_22200685:4* custom_field_22200685:5* custom_field_22200685:6* custom_field_22200685:7* custom_field_22200685:8* custom_field_22200685:9* custom_field_22200685:0*'
You could do the whole alphabet and all numeric characters, to revive your API call. It's obviously not ideal, but it might get your query working while Zendesk addresses whatever the underlying issue was that required removing this capability.
Hi Tim & CJ,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I just wanted to let both of you know that we have identified and implemented a fix for this particular issue.
Wildcard searches using custom fields (e.g. "custom_field_360009580952:*") should now work as expected.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused!
Por favor, entrar para comentar.