Multiple Help Centres/Brands: Restrict users to a specific Help CentreConcluída
We would like to set up multiple Brands so that each of our products has a specific Help Centre.
We would only like our customers to be able to access Help Centres for the products they have a license for. I understand this is a technical limitation at present - is this in your roadmap?
What have other organizations done/ are there any ways around this?
I'm happy to say that this feature is already available :-) Head over to this article to read about restricting a help center to a specific user segment.
Both options are definitely doable. Some differences are:
- With different brands you have different HC themes as well. This may or may not be a benefit.
- With one brand for everything you need to manage permissions on the article level (Visible to field). With multiple brands you can set visibility at the brand level and just leave the Visible to field as "Everyone".
- With different brands, the search experience may be limiting, if you have some users that you want to grant access to multiple of your products.
Hi @..., thanks for getting back to me so quickly, that's great.
A question related to this - we would like to have different Knowledge Bases for our different products. What would be our best option?
- 1 knowledge-base set up, with different user segments and article visibility set according to these custom user segments
- Various different knowledge-base/brands per product.
I assume that if we went with the 2nd option, we would still need to lock article visibility down per user segment, as otherwise users could move between the different knowledge bases/content when signed in. Is this correct?
The challenge for us would be to make populating these user segments as automated as possible.
Por favor, entrar para comentar.