Why does the reporter change when a new issue is created from the Jira integration?
There are two common cases when this might occur:
- The Modify Reporter scheme has not been given proper permissions to Administrators.
- The Reporter field not being included in the screen of the project type that you're selecting when creating an issue.
Follow the instructions below to confirm both of these variables.
Modify Reporter Scheme
- In Jira, navigate to the Issues section. Depending on your Jira version, the interface may differ slightly.
- Click Permission schemes, and go to the scheme you're primarily using, for example, Default Permission Scheme.
- Find Modify Reporter and check the project role. Administrators and any other type of role you've allocated to your team must be listed.
For more information, see this article from Atlassian support: Managing project permissions.
Screen (Project type)
- In Jira, navigate to the Issues section.
- Click Screens. This will give you a full list of available Projects.
- To confirm whether the reporter field is definitely included within the appropriate screen, click Configure. You should then see a list of fields within the selected project. If you don't see the reporter field in this list, add it in from the bottom of the list. You must do this for every 'Screen' for the projects that you use.
For more information, see this article from Atlassian support: Manage issue screens.