Inaccurate Preset Date Filters - Last WeekCompleted
How often do you build a report to review your last week of data? Does your business run Sunday to Saturday or Monday to Sunday? Regardless of your work-week, Zendesk is setting up users for failure when using the Last-Week filter that is preset in Explore. This has been a known issue for years and appears to not be on the roadmap or mentioned in the feedback forums from what I can find. Allow me to explain the discrepancy when using "Last Week".
- Create query that splits your data by dates, such as Created Date.
- Add query to a dashboard and add a Time Filter
- Edit the Time Filter to "Show Selected Dates"
- Set the Time Filter to "Last Week"
- Filter will show selected date range based on a Sunday to Saturday schedule
- Queries will show data based on a Monday to Sunday schedule
- Filter displayed dates align with the dates being filtered
- Queries should not load data which exceeds the set timeframe (Example, filtering created tickets to Last Week (12/12 - 12/18) should not show tickets for 12/19 and hide tickets from 12/12.
- A workaround exists by simply NOT using the preset "Last Week" Filter
- If using "Last Week" filter, users must set filters to "Custom" to ensure proper dates are displayed in queries.
- I filed a ticket for this with Zendesk in February of 2021 which was closed without addressing the issue. A promise of communication around this issue was made but never fulfilled. The ticket for this has since been removed by Zendesk and no longer available for review, but was documented under #6364188.
- Below is the response from Zendesk Support on the matter:
"...all problems of this nature are set as High Priority, with a Major Business Impact. Explore is a newer product and it appears a fix like this needs to be done at a core level. Now that you are linked directly to the main problem, our developer team and engineers will be sending you updates directly with any and all progress and ultimate resolution."
Please fix the Last Week filter, this seems like an extremely basic part of the platform.
Thank you for all your great feedback and patience.
We’re excited to announce that:
- By default, a user’s profile language determines the start of the week for that user.
- You can now set a custom start of the week in the Admin settings.
- This new functionality is consistent between the filters and the displayed time ranges.
For details, see Setting the start of the week for reports and filters.
I've had a bug ticket about this for aeons. Also, I had all my feedback posts older than 3 months deleted this week personally, and lost over 60 feature requests that I personally made, so I'm not surprised there's suddenly no existing feature request for it if they did this to everyone.
Any update on this? I have been spending days trying to figure out why my numbers aren't lining up when using filters vs preset date ranges for metrics in my queries only to finally stumble upon this post. Tried to just explicitly ask, but no response: https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/4416748032410-Date-range-calculated-metric-last-week-this-week-is-today-included-or-no-
HI CJ, we're working on getting those older posts back -- thanks for your patience.
HI CJ Johnson -
We do apologize for the removed posts; this was an error and not done intentionally. All community content that was created prior to 10/23/21 was removed by accident late last week.
We've identified what caused the problem and, as Dave said, are working to restore all of the removed content. It may take several days, but we do expect it to be fixed soon. For more details and updates, you can follow this thread in our announcements topic:
Service incident: missing community posts and comments
This is still broken. This is very frustrating to see it marked completed and closed out, only to still see "all history - all history" show when no time filter is in place. That is not reflecting the correct time period selected.
Please sign in to leave a comment.