Hi Zendesk Community! 👋
We have plans to bring flexibility to you all by incorporating customizations to the data users see on pages in Zendesk products. You know your business the most and deserve the power to pick the view that supports your users' business needs and preferences! We believe customizations will allow you to control the experience your users have and model your business in Zendesk around the way you prefer things to get done. For example, these can be things like specifying the view for how fields, hover record details, record lists, related lists, quick actions, buttons, or links display in record pages in Agent Experience. Imagine the grand possibility of giving your users the best experience by setting up the data and the user interface to meet their needs!
What we've heard from you so far
- I want control and flexibility to be able to configure the data how I want for my team.
- The general desire for admins to be able to customize the data views.
- We want to build really robust experiences for our agents. The ability to do more customizations in the Admin Center will help my team do their job efficiently.
- I can't really model my business in Zendesk if I can't customize my data views that my team uses everyday.
What we’re doing
There isn't currently a way to easily customize records to drive what data gets displayed in pages. We've heard from you that this is frustrating experience, so we plan to add the customization feature to allow you to pick the data views that best support your users.
What questions we have for you
- What capabilities for customizing data on a page would help speed up your team's workflow? How would they use them?
- How often do you encounter the need to customize the data users see on pages?
- What challenges do your users face today when interacting with the object and record data and understanding them? Any roadblocks to your team getting things done?
- How big is your team of users (how many unique roles, how many team members per role, how many groups)?
- If any, what are the major differences in the data needs, actions, or workflows that your team members take to do their job? Do they consistently differ by role?
- Any permissions you need to control which customizations are enabled for which roles? Any roles you want to allow updating the customizations previously defined?
How you can help us
Please add your thoughts and comments below. We are in the initial development and we know there will be more iterations to be made in the future. We will collect your comments as research for future releases. The plan is to incorporate your feedback on customization into our roadmap for next year 2023.
We are also interested in having a Zoom conversation to dig deeper with a few customers. If you’re interested in participating in our research that way, please please indicate that in your comment as well and we’ll follow up via email.
Please sign in to leave a comment.