Start a new chat proactively
Moving from Zendesk chat to Agent workspace, the chat visitors panel doesn't list the visitors which have not started a chat yet.
Previously, using the Visitors panel there was a way to proactively start a new chat with the visitor before the visitor doing that.
Common use cases would be:
- helping a customer to choose a product or a variant
- trying to convince the customer to buy, for example offering him with some extra discount code
- helping customers lost in a cart checkout with some difficulties, offering for example alternative ways to pay if the credit card is not accepted
- intercepting new selling opportunities if the website is not giving customers what they were looking for
- giving customers a sense of care, telling them "I'm here to help you, awaiting, if you need just ask me"
- giving agent some extra work if they are not receiving enough request for some time
Thank you for your feedback and sharing your use cases!
There is currently a proactive messaging feature in development which will be able to handle most of your use cases. Unfortunately this feature is only available for messaging in agent workspace, you can find out more about messaging upgrading to messaging here .
If you have any concerns around upgrading to messaging do let us know as well and I will try to address them as best as i can.
Please sign in to leave a comment.