Our support plugin uses the ticket.conversation.changed listener to detect new messages. The array of message entries does not contain any unique identifier data, other than text and timestamps. Text alone cannot be used as an identifier, and the timestamps are intermittently unstable. After posting an agent reply, the timestamp we record in our plugin remains consistent around 75% of the time. Intermittently, this timestamp will shift forward anywhere from 0-2 seconds, sometimes more than two seconds. This causes our app's expected behavior to break, since the timestamp we have recorded no longer exists in the array of entries.
I am wondering if there is a cause for the shifting timestamps, I have not observed a direct cause. Including stable message IDs in the ticket.conversation array of entries would allow developers to not have to rely on unstable timestamps to uniquely identify messages.
These are timestamps recorded on creation of two conversation entries from our plugin
These are the timestamps for the same two entries logged from Zendesk after the page is reloaded
Please sign in to leave a comment.