I have a use cases , which I am looking to solve in existing Zendesk functionality.
Here is premise for case:
- We own several commercial warehouses across the country. Each warehouse we can refer to as ‘Site’.
- We as company are responsible for maintenance of these site and own equipment’s such as machinery , facilities, security cameras etc installed on respective site.
- These sites will be leased to different organization eg: Cosmos, ABHub, Tindlers, etc . One organization can lease one or multiple sites.
- Each site will have a Site_admin , these users are part of organization leasing site, and are there to provide oversight and report issue related to equipment or facilities to My company.
- My company have a set of agents ,who will receive the request/issue and triage it. Or create a ticket on behalf of the site_admin.
- Each Site have different equipment assigned with different model , each has its own identifier like a barcode or unique label.
We are looking to create a Zendesk ticket/request form for Site_Admins, where user will be able to select values from a set of dropdowns, and each drop-down selection populates values in other drop down. Such as user flow for Jack as descripted below:
- Jack belongs to organization Cosmos. Jack is Site_Admin for a Site LA-1 ,LA-2. Jack wants to report an issue with LA-1 -> equipment -> lifter machine -> Label: Lift-6-Aile4
- When Jack is on ticket form , he has option to select Site via drop down values LA-1, LA-2. And Select LA-1
- After LA-1 He has option to select ‘Issuer For’ Equipment or facility or other issue. These values should be populated based on Site Selection. (Site LA-2 might not have option to create facility ticket). Jack selects Equipment.
- Next Jack has option to select Equipment type from a drop-down selection Lifter Machine, Power Lifter, docking system etc . Again, these values are dependent of Site selection and equipment installed for a particular site. (May be site LA-2 doesn’t have Lifter machine , so this selection option should not be available for LA-2 selection). Jack Select Lifter Machine
- Next Jack has option to select Label/identifier of Lifter machine from drop-down values. Values available for selection are again based on Site, Equipment , Type selected by user in previous drop-down.
We are looking to create a good user experience on Zendesk for end customers and Agents.
Note: Our backend system will have all the relationship data between Sites, equipment’s installed on site, or any other miscellaneous data sets/relation. Which we can pass to Zendesk if needed and with some configuration or logic Zendesk ticket form is available with drop-down value based on selection of other field.
Please sign in to leave a comment.