As a part of our efforts to continuously improve the Talk and Omnichannel experience for our customers, we’re working on the ability to apply tags to the tickets based on IVR (Interactive Voice Response a.k.a Phone Tree) key presses by the caller during the call.
What does the experience look like?
- Any/all keys pressed by the caller in the IVR can be configured to add desired tags to the support ticket that gets created for the call.
- These tags are the same as the support tags that appear with tickets and user profiles.
- Customers can easily set up tags in the Talk IVR settings as shown in the graphic below
- Configured tags will appear on every call ticket which gets created by the caller where the defined key is pressed.
- Tags associated with the ticket can be used in Explore to build reports.
What are the benefits of adding tags to an IVR key press?
To influence call routing with omnichannel routing (group, priority and skills)
Omnichannel routing uses triggers, for example to influence routing. And as tags used with IVR keypresses make their way into tickets, they can be used to influence group, priority, and skills of the calls for call routing.
You can use all existing trigger conditions existing in Support.
For more information about Omnichannel routing, see About omnichannel routing with unified agent status.
IVR keypress reporting
Customers can build reports in Explore based on tags present on the ticket. Giving a peek into the callers’ key presses when using IVR.
Additional context to agents
As tags are visible on tickets, they provide agents with additional context about the caller journey when answering calls.
Who can try the experience?
The new experience will be available for the customers using Zendesk Talk with Omnichannel routing, who are on a Professional or Enterprise plan.
What is the timeline of the release?
The exact timeline is in the works, broadly speaking, we are planning to release this in H2, 2023.
How can I follow the release or leave feedback?
Please follow this article. We’ll keep updating and releasing more details as we further develop the functionality. And, please do leave any feedback in the comments below, we love to hear what you think about this.
Please sign in to leave a comment.