Include a customer's email address when a ticket is shared
When a user posts a help request or question via Zendesk to the wrong department e.g. they ask the website team about a match ticket refund, or the match ticket team about a new item of clothing in the store we benefit from all being on Zendesk by being able to share that ticket.
It means that a user can get the answer to their question without having to raise a new ticket to a new department.
However one crucial piece of information is missing: the sender's email address. This is provided by the user when they post their request, but it disappears when a ticket is shared. This means the receiving department can't look up their order without asking again for a piece of information that the user has already provided: their email address.
- It slows down the process by adding an extra message on both sides
- It frustrates users who can't understand why we can't see information they've provided - and these are often already angry users
Can you please ensure email address is shared along with a ticket please.
The email not being shared is due to privacy reasons. i.e If Company A shares a ticket to a third party over at Company B, not sharing the email address protect's the user's identity. Obviously, it's a different story if your Company is running two different instances of Zendesk for different teams and privacy concerns are not an issue in that case.
A few suggestions for you below as a workaround to this for you:
1. Simply add the requester's email address in a private note on the ticket so it gets pushed through to the other side
2. Create a macro that can automatically pull in the customer's email address into an internal note to be submitted on the ticket
3. Create a custom text field called "Requester's email address" and copy/paste the email address from the user profile into this field. Then if you've allowed ticket sharing to push ticket field data through, ensure the other side has the same field created, so the email address can be pushed through in a ticket field via the ticket sharing.
Hope this helps. :)
I agree with Amie's reasoning here. We are also planning on a new feature set that enables easier account configurations, which will allow you to run multiple departments in one single Zendesk instance and you can easily share the same user and e-mail address across departments. Stay tuned for more information on this in 2022.
I find it frustrating that a user's details (phone number, email address etc) can't be shared when a ticket is shared. I am trying to migrate our Zendesk account into another Zendesk account and close our initial one down but this just doesn't make it simple.
Surely there's an easier way??
Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.