For companies that aren't yet big enough to use a third party provider to manage projects, the Project Management APP from Zendesk labs will come in handy.
This APP allows you to create a Parent ticket and attach multiple child tickets to it, without having to use the default Problem-Incident scenario. This also helps with analytics, allowing you to track tasks instead of problems.
- Go to Project Management.
- Click Get it and complete the process
How to use it
Creating the Parent ticket
- Create a new ticket. This ticket will be the project's parent ticket. Disregard the ticket field you created (for now)
- Once the ticket is created, on the right-hand side under APPS you will see the Project Management app.
- Click on Make a Project from this ticket.
Creating child tickets
- Access the parent ticket
- There are three options: Single Ticket, Bulk Ticket, Add existing. A Single Ticket will allow you to create one child ticket. Bulk Tickets will allow you to create several child tickets. Add existing will prompt you to enter an existing ticket ID.
All children tickets will have to be assigned to the appropriate agents/groups and all additional info entered (this process is manual.)
As tickets are worked on, the status can be viewed from the parent ticket.
Enjoy ! :)