Do you know how many instances are being used in your company? And is it necessary to have multiple instances, or a single instance will be more than enough?
What is a Zendesk instance? This term refers to your company’s environment, which you will be managing. Typically, a company has one instance unless it is a big corporation with numerous departments and a complex operational system.
By having only one working instance or environment, you will get a unified stream of activity, which makes the work of your customer service a lot easier. So, you need to delete your extra instances, but what about the data? The answer is ‘No.’ There is no need to delete anything, as you can integrate all your working environments into one.
If you decide to merge Zendesk instances, you may face a share of challenges. Want to do it effectively? Then, keep on reading.
What is Help Desk Instances Merging?
Okay, you own a large company with different departments and multiple working processes and workflows. But there may come a day when you need to consolidate it all to streamline your operations. And that is when help desk instance merging comes into play.
What is it? To put it simply, it is a merging mechanism of linking multiple help desk working environments to have a unified and centralized place of operation for your requests, tickets, or calls.
When to Merge Your Help Desk Instances?
Now let’s clarify why you might need to consider implementing a data migration mechanism. Here are the most popular cases when you might need to merge help desk instances:
- When a company is acquired or sold: merging data and your support teams are crucial for enhancing workflows and reducing expenses.
- When a company is merging data: if you want to get all your data stored in one place, you should consider merging your help desk instances. Even if you have your support teams working on different projects and using different tools, there is no need to use different environments for that.
- When a company merges its departments: when you have a few support teams working under one system, using a help desk but having separate instances, the rational decision would be to have them all under one roof. This way, you can speed up your business operations and get better results.
What Are the Benefits of Merging Zendesk Instances?
Moving your Zendesk instances to a single environment and operating everything from there is quite advantageous. Here are some of the whys:
- a unified reporting system, user management, and customer experience
- merging of duplicate accounts and contacts, see the history of end user’s requests, and save your time on answering
- merge tickets and avoid duplicate entries
- easy issue tracking process
- the improved cross-department interaction process
Zendesk to Zendesk: How to Merge Multiple Zendesk Accounts?
If you have weighed all the pros and want to work within one Zendesk instance, there are several options to merge or migrate two Zendesk accounts.
- You can do it yourself with the help of Zendesk API (namely, incremental export API to export your data and ticket import API to send your data) or use free Migration Wizard to make this process effortless.
- Or you can get professional help from a trustworthy service like Help Desk Migration. It will handle a custom data migration to a new help desk or merge your current help desks (Zendesk or any other) in no time.
Merging help desk instances can be a long and exacting process. The right tools can, however, lighten the load for you. Got questions? Contact us to figure answers out.