Please give a quick overview of your product feature request or feedback and note who in your org is affected by this issue [ex. agents, admins, customers, etc.].
We request complete Brand segregation that extends beyond just tickets and end-users. We want to restrict Agents/Admins, phone numbers, settings, Chat CSAT, email template, contextual workspaces, layout builder, triggers, automations, macros, dynamic content, etc. This would impact everyone in Zendesk as well as the business as a whole as there are teams that can handle their own Brand
What problem do you see this solving?
Right now it is an all or nothing approach to a lot of features which means that it solely falls on Admins and it is a setting that impacts the entire instance.
When was the last time you were affected by this lack of functionality, or specific tool? What happened? How often does this problem occur and how does this impact your business?
We are impacted everyday as there is always something an Admin needs to do and when they do it, they have to implement it for everyone.
ie. We add phone numbers daily to ZD, which just keeps adding to the list of phone numbers listed in the Talk Console. Agents use the wrong numbers all the time and there are deletion restrictions set up on some so recordings get deleted when they shouldn't just because they used the wrong number (for a group they don't have access to)
ie. We can't turn on Chat CSAT as it is a system wide setting and one Brand cannot have it on. As such, we need to look into a separate instance just to turn on Chat CSAT for Brand as it is a business requirement
ie. We have Managers that want to be admins to handle just their Brand items (triggers, automations) but that would mean they can access HR/IT tickets as well as their setup, so it falls to the system wide Admins and gets bottlenecked
ie. We want to roll out contextual workspaces but anyone can create or edit workspaces. As such, it would be too much monitoring/training to ensure that they don't make a workspace for team they aren't part of OR edit a workspace that does not belong to them.
ie. We have to coordinate among all Brands to get a unified sense of Branding. If they don't then we need to find common ground/custom coding. It is so much work and as such, there are changes we have made where a team had to get a developer involved to create custom code to keep the previous branding.
ie. Macro permissions are you either can have group editing or all editing. As such, each group associated with the Brand needs to be added to the macro. If that is too much work, they have to request someone with all macro access to create the macro and specify it is only for a certain Brand which produces the chance that another Brand uses it.
ie. We have triggers that are setup per Brand. Either you have all access or you don't. So we had an instance where a manager was an admin so they edited triggers that impacted other Brands without proper process for the other teams and it caused an escalation.
ie. When we get a spam caller, we block the number but it may be spam for one Brand but not another. It needs to be agreed upon that this caller cannot contact any Brand
Are you currently using a workaround to solve this problem?
Yes - We are restricting Admins and having workflows where tickets need to be submitted, reviewed by an admin and put in backlog (too many requests)
Yes - We have to set up regular meetings to talk about changes that will impact everyone and then wait for approval for each Brand. Which can take months.
What would be your ideal solution to this problem? How would it work or function?
- Ability to set Admins to be in charge of certain Brands - so they can't make any edits to features that are outside of their Brands.
- Anything outside their Brand can be chosen to what they can see (read-only vrs no access).
- Ability to set if they can access tickets outside their Brand (read-only, ability to edit or only able to search but not open, or see only ticket events and not comments) - helps with troubleshooting.
- There are Admins dedicated to all system settings (role creation/editing, group creation/deletion, onboarding/offboarding/email template updates etc) so we would want more granular sub permissions for Brand Admins to ensure they can't do certain tasks.
Brand based settings/visibility:
- Every setting that is system wide should be able to be set per Brand, or an option that states "apply to all brands" so that you don't need to duplicate the work/effort
- When you perform rule analysis, you can see Brand based settings (states it impacts all, or just this Brand)
- You can set Triggers/SLAs/Dynamic Content/Views/Macros etc to be tied specifically to Brands so it is easier to search/filter and can be implemented without impacting everyone in the instance (Instances within instances)